Blogger Widgets
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Walking Dead Game: Season 2 Episode 3 Review


On the 13th of May. the third installment of the second season of Telltale's critically acclaimed Walking Dead series was released in the US. How does it compare to previous installments? Find out below.

In the previous episode, it seemed as if most choices left you, not really in control, as playing it twice and picking different answers mainly left you in the same place as before. However, in this installment of the season, there was a large amount of choices, that seem to leave you more in a lot more control of what happens.

MINOR SPOILERS FROM PREVIOUS EPISODES BELOW

When Clementine and the rest of the group were captured in the last episode, I wasn't sure what was going to happen. However, very shortly into this episode, I realized this was even worse than I thought, and that the group had to get out as soon as possible. This entire mood added a huge level of suspense over the entire episode, keeping me on the edge of my... beanbag chair... the entire episode. The tension only built through out the level, peaking multiple times through out the level.

Clementine also seems to develop this episode, as she grows even harder as she realizes just how much evil there is in this world. The episode contained a multitude of tough choices through out, and with many, I had to make sacrifices to my character, lie, and make friends with people I hate (Bonnie anyone?) just to survive. Through out a large portion of this episode, I was sitting there in awe that Clementine was able to keep so calm all the time. I'd basically be totally insane at this point.


Every time there was a serious choice to make (don't worry, there's a plethora of them!), I was constantly wondering, "What will this result in?", and "Is this right?" and for the first time out of both season, I chose silence as an answer, a few times too. Like, Clementine is basically four, why is she constantly making life altering decisions for a group of adults?

Overall, this episode definitely packed a punch. With many edge of the seat moments, plenty of gasps from yours truly, sights I'll never unsee, let alone Clementine, and overall an aura of oncoming danger, This is by far the best episode of this season. What did you all think of the episode? Post your thoughts in the comments below, and I'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment